Thursday, August 18, 2011

Writer's Block

I've been living in Haiti for the past two and a half months and it has finally come down to my last day. I avoided thinking about this day since the beginning and am dreading the process. I have already said a few goodbyes to the Haitian staff I've worked alongside all summer; Patrick, Rachelle, and Peter. I found it was quite tough saying good bye to them, especially when they all asked me the same question, "when will you be back, Bre?" I know when Monday comes my life will change dramatically for the next nine months due to nursing school so answering that question is hard for me. It's hard to make promises with such a hectic life back at home in the States. I know I will be back to Haiti sooner than later though. I wish I had a more direct answer to give them at this time.


I do know that it does feel right being here and almost feels wrong going home. It could be because I have to face reality again; bills, school, a job, etc. Or it could be because maybe I really am suppose to be here. I'm not entirely sure what the future holds or what God has planned for me but I do know my feelings here are very different then what I've ever experienced before in my life. I'm going through somewhat of a writers block, I apologize. This will not be my last blog post now that I'm returning back to the States. I have more to share but am having trouble finding the words right now. I'm thankful for all of my followers and supporters. I know you'll still be there when I have to face the culture of my own country today and when I struggle in the days to come in understanding it all. I think this is when I'll be able to find the words I'm looking for.











 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, 
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "
Jeremiah 29:11
-Thanks Steph

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminds me of the story of Zechariah, when Zechariah was given the vision it was beyond words, but his silence bore testimony to the greatness of the vision. Yet when the fullness of the vision was manifested he was released to praise God and tell of our coming King.
    You have been a given a great gift that will not go to waste. God has planted in your a heart a love for his people that will not be forgotten just because you return to the states. I believe that God will do great things through you in the years to come and when the words do come everyone who hears them will know that the Lords hand was upon all you did. God bless you on this new journey.

    ReplyDelete